If you like to take longer videos, Instagram TV might be worth looking into for your business. Fortunately for you at Practice Affiliate we have a complete guide for Instagram TV if you want to get started but are not sure where to begin.
Create Your Channel
This step is super easy. First, click on the TV icon in the top right corner of your Instagram feed. From there, click on the settings button and press “create channel.” Follow the on-screen prompts to finish setting up your channel.
Posting a Video to Instagram TV
From here, you can choose to upload via the Instagram TV app, Instagram app or you can use Instagram’s desktop website to upload videos to your channel. To upload a video, it’s quite simple. Click onto your IGTV channel and press upload a video. Write a title and description for your video. From there, we HIGHLY recommend that you opt for the “post a preview” option so that your followers can get a sneak peek in their Instagram feed and then click to watch the full video.
Instagram Video Specs
- MP4 format
- Vertical Aspect Ratio 9:16
- Minimum 30 FPS (frames per second) and 720 px resolution
- Maximum files size for videos that are 10 minutes or less is 650 MB
- Maximum file size for videos that are up to 60 minutes is 3.5GB
- Cover Photo Size: 420px by 654px (1:1.55 ratio)
Tips for IGTV
- Post a link to your videos in your stories as well as a preview in your feed. This will drive more views!
- Share IGTV videos to your connected Facebook page.
- Link to your IGTV videos from Twitter, email newsletters and your Facebook page.
- Optimize your videos for silent viewing. This means including captions on your video. Check out Clipomatic to make easy captions.
- Optimize your Title and Description with keywords for optimal views (like YouTube!).
- Include relevant hashtags in the description.
- Only post long videos.
- Keep your brand identity in your videos using the same colors, themes, fonts, etc. Also, be sure to include your logo on your video.
Have fun! What are you going to post first? Let us know in the comments.
Get More Out of Your Instagram Marketing with Practice Affiliate
Need to get more views or followers on your Instagram account? See how Practice Affiliate can help you expand your reach on Instagram with our Instagram marketing packages. Give us a call or use our contact form to get started.